Australian Food Institute of Food Science Technology Conference – Food for Infants and Toddlers
We are delighted to have been invited to speak at the AIFST’s Conference on Food for Infants and Toddlers next week in Melbourne on the topic of “Infant foods – what could possibly go wrong”.
As with all parts of the food industry, there are constant pressures and risks faced by businesses which are manufacturing or importing foods intended for children under 3. We will be discussing such issues as:
- Food Code vs The Australian Consumer law – which wins
- the risks of assuming that labelling designed for other countries is ok in Australia
- “natural” and other similar claims
- sugar – is it the elephant in the room when it comes to labelling and advertising?
- country of origin labelling